Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: 801-680-2519
If you were arrested for a DUI, you may want to consult with a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents trust. A DUI is a serious charge and you want someone with knowledge and experience on your side. At Rasmussen & Miner Attorneys at Law, we have built strong defenses for individuals just like yourself and are always looking out for our clients’ best interests.
Steps to Take After Being Accused of a DUI
Getting charged with a DUI can be overwhelming and scary. You wonder if you will have to spend time in jail or how this will affect your future employment opportunities. What you do after getting arrested can make a big difference. A DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT recommends taking the following steps after being accused of a DUI:
- Say as Little as Possible to the Police: Don’t give too much information to the officer who arrests you for a DUI. You are only required to give the police your full name and registration and insurance information. If the police officer asks you any further information, a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT locals respects recommends keeping silent.
- Write Down Everything: As soon as you are able, write down everything you remember about your DUI stop. Any little detail may help you with your case. For example, you may want to write down why the police officer stopped you and whether or not a breath test was administered.
- Make Your Social Media Profiles Private: If you haven’t already, a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents count on suggest making your Facebook and other social media profiles private. Prosecutors have been known to look at DUI defendants’ social media profiles for incriminating posts and photos.
- Hire a Lawyer: A DUI charge isn’t something you want to tackle yourself. To improve your chances of getting a favorable outcome, hire an experienced Salt Lake City DUI lawyer. He or she has handled many cases similar to yours in the past and knows what it takes to make a good defense. A DUI lawyer can you sound legal advice and protect your legal rights.
- Don’t Talk to Anyone About Your Case: Even if they are close family members, it isn’t a good idea to talk to anyone about the details of your DUI case. If they are subpoenaed later, they will legally be required to tell the court everything you told them.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation with a DUI Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT locals depend on, expect him or her to ask several different questions about your case. For example, he or she may ask you where you were stopped at and whether or not you have previous DUI convictions. If you have any questions for the lawyer, don’t hesitate to ask them during the consultation.
If you are looking for a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT offers, contact Rasmussen & Miner Attorneys at Law at 801-363-8500.