Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: 801-680-2519
A dedicated hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents trust understands that when a patient is a victim of malpractice, it can be devastating to both the patient and their family. Here at Rasmussen & Miner, our attorneys have successfully represented many medical malpractice victims and their families to obtain the financial compensation they deserved for injuries they suffered.
One of the most common and deadliest types of injuries are malpractice or medical errors. According to several national studies, medical errors should be labeled as the third leading cause of death in the United States, with only cancer and heart disease claiming more lives. There are approximately 250,000 patients killed each year because of mistakes by medical personnel. Medical errors kill more people annually than all respiratory diseases combined.
A seasoned hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT families depend on knows that some of the most common medical errors that occur to patients in hospitals include:
- Misdiagnosis: This is the most common type of medical error that seriously harms or kills patients. A missed or incorrect diagnosis may lead to a delay in treatment, causing a patient’s condition to worsen, often with tragic consequences.
- Medication Errors: An experienced hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT clients recommend is aware that more than 60 percent of patients who are hospitalized do not receive their regular medication while they are in the hospital. Even more frightening, every year there are more than 1.5 million patients who are seriously injured because they are given the incorrect dosage or medication.
- Unnecessary Tests, Treatments, and Procedures: Multiple studies have revealed that patients are all too often exposed to tests, treatments, and procedures that are not needed and can expose them to dangerous risks that often lead to serious or fatal injuries. For the medical industry, this contributes to their annual profit of $700 billion.
- Infections: Hospitals are full of germs, but failure of medical staff to maintain the correct sanitary and sterilization techniques leads to 1.7 million patients catching hospital-acquired infections each year. These infections kill almost 100,000 people annually.
- Never Events: Never events are incidents that occur that should never have occurred, such as operating on the wrong limb or leaving sponges in a patient’s body after surgery. The consequences of these events can be horrific for patients and result in severe infections, amputations, or even death. Many victims of these types of medical errors often consult with a professional hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City UT in order to proceed with a malpractice lawsuit against those responsible for their injuries.
Let a Hospital Malpractice Lawyer Salt Lake City UT Offers Help You
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a medical error and you would like to speak with a Salt Lake City hospital malpractice lawyer, call our office today. The legal team at Rasmussen & Miner are available to meet and discuss your case and help you decide what legal options you have available.
Call a compassionate hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT today at (801) 680-2519 to set up a free consultation.