Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT
The American Board of professional liability attorneys, otherwise known as the ABPLA, says that medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, hospital or other healthcare professional is found to be causing harm to a patient by an act of negligence, and Rasmussen & Miner agrees. Healthcare professionals are expected to have quality medical care during childbirth, and it may be considered medical malpractice if your child has experienced a brain injury due to careless mistakes during childbirth.
Medical malpractice can cause several types of birth injuries, such as the following listed below. This is not an exhaustive list, but it is some of the most common birth injuries that medical malpractice can cause.
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy otherwise noted regular plexus injuries
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
- Newborn cephalohematoma
- Newborn jaundice
- Shoulder dystocia
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
If you believe that your child was the victim of birth injury via medical malpractice, you should try to record any birth injury symptoms in ecology dose from your child’s birth. You can then reach out to a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT, and our law firm Rasmussen & Miner can ensure that your needs are met.
Some symptoms of earth injuries that are caused by medical malpractice are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list, but simply some of the most common symptoms of birth injuries.
- Arching neck and body
- Blindness or deafness
- Communication issues
- Excessive sleepiness
- Failure to meet development of science on such as crawling, sitting or standing
- Feeding difficulties
- Floppy or stiff muscles
- Inability to move on one side of the body
- Sharpen loud crying
- Swelling or soft spots on the head
The primary cause of birth injury malpractice is because the medical professionals were careless and made medical mistakes that could have been avoided during or shortly after the childbirth. Below is a list of situations that might be considered birth injury medical malpractice, and while this list does not exist of her exhaustive, it is a good place to start before you reach out to a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT because you get to go to your lawyer with an idea of why you’re there.
- Excessively pulling on the baby’s head, shoulders and their arms
- Failure to diagnose maternal infection
- Failure to identify risk factors during pregnancy
- Failure to order necessary test for mother before delivery
- Fair to reform cesarean section
- Failure to recognize food or distress and lack of oxygen
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum
- Lack of aftercare for mother and child
- Misdiagnosing a life-threatening birth trauma as something less serious
- Prescribing medication that can harm the baby
It is important that you understand that the mother can also suffer permanent injuries that are sustained during childbirth from medical malpractice such as blood clots, diabetes, hemorrhage, infections, preeclampsia, severe regional tears, uterine ruptures and more.
Rasmussen & Miner understands that your case is just as important as any of our cases, and we will give you our undivided attention.