Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
If you suffered an injury while receiving treatment in a hospital, you may want to contact a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT from Rasmussen & Miner. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you bring a timely claim against the hospital and protect your legal rights.
Examples of Hospital Negligence
When you go to a hospital to treat an illness or injury, you expect to come out feeling better. Unfortunately, it does not always work out this way. If doctors and other hospital staff are negligent, patients are more likely to suffer harm. Here are some examples of hospital negligence.
- Administering the wrong medication or incorrect dosage
- Diagnosing a patient with the wrong condition
- Dropping patients
- Failing to promptly respond to a patient’s needs
- Not sterilizing medical equipment
- Making surgical errors
- Inadequate hospital staffing
- Discharging a patient prematurely
Elements of Hospital Negligence
To have a successful hospital negligence case, you must show the following elements.
- The hospital violated the standard of care. Hospital staff are expected to deliver a certain standard of care to patients. If they fail to meet that standard of care, hospital negligence results.
- The patient suffered injuries due to the hospital’s negligence. To have a strong claim, a patient has to demonstrate that the hospital error led to an injury that he or she would not have suffered otherwise.
- Damages. As a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can confirm, a patient is also required to show that he or she suffered damages because of the medical error, such as medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Liable Parties in Hospital Negligence
Anyone who provides care to a patient can be held responsible in a hospital negligence case. This may include doctors, nurses and technicians.
If a doctor causes you harm and is directly employed by the hospital, then the hospital can be held responsible for the doctor’s negligent actions. However, if the doctor is an independent contractor, liability can be a little trickier. If the hospital knowingly hired a doctor they knew was incompetent, they may be a liable party in a hospital negligence claim. That’s why it’s important to work with an experienced hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT.
Schedule a consultation with a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT today.