Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Medical Mistake Lawyer Salt Lake City UT
A medical malpractice lawsuit in Utah is a personal injury lawsuit that is filed against medical professionals. This can be physicians, nurses, anesthesiologists, and others who have a duty of care to provide care to their patients without ever causing harm. If a medical professional or facility is negligent in their care and the patient suffers harm that results in damages for the patient, a medical mistake lawyer Salt Lake City UT clients trust can pursue a lawsuit on behalf of the patient for financial compensation for those damages.
Legal Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Case
In order to be successful in a lawsuit, there are certain factors that a victim must prove in their lawsuit. These are:
- The medical professional must have had a duty of care to the patient
- That duty of care was breached
- That breach resulted in harm to the patient which would not have occurred without that breach
- The patient suffered losses as a result of the harm they suffered
Each medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT patients recommend from our firm has successfully handled many types of malpractice lawsuits. Some of the more common types of negligence that occur in these cases include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Operating on the wrong side of a patient or the wrong body part
- Leaving surgical instruments or other objects inside the patient during surgery
- Giving the patient the incorrect mediation, incorrect dosage, or other medication error
- Failure to properly sterilize patient rooms, operating rooms, or other areas of the facility
In any medical malpractice case, the burden to prove there was an act of negligence is on the patient. Not only do they have to prove that they suffered an injury at the hands of the medical professional, but they must also prove that they suffered damages. These damages can include medical bills for treating the injury, future medical care, including surgeries and rehabilitation, that may be needed, lost wages from being unable to work during recovery, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and more.
Call Our Office Today
If you have been injured by negligence on the part of a medical professional, do not try to go at it alone. Medical malpractice lawsuits can be very complex and often require expert witnesses to testify to the medical issues that occurred. If you would like to learn about what legal recourse you may have, call Rasmussen & Miner to schedule a free and confidential consultation with a Salt Lake City UT medical mistake lawyer. We will evaluate your case and determine what legal options you may have and what types of compensation you may be entitled to.