Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: 801-680-2519
As any hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT trusts might attest, the consequences of a severe medical mistake can be very damaging. Beyond the physical harm that an injured patient might experience, it’s also possible for a traumatic injury to lead to psychological harm as well. At Rasmussen & Miner, we understand that these types of personal injury cases can be very difficult for victims and their families. We aim to provide a trustworthy hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT has to offer for each of our clients facing this type of injury.
Not all injuries that occur in a hospital can be considered medical malpractice. However, there are plenty of cases where injured hospital patients might be able to file a claim or a lawsuit for inadequate care. Before seeking legal counsel from a top hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT can provide, here are a few important things to know about liability and lawsuits for medical malpractice in hospitals:
- Hospitals may be held liable for the actions of their employees. If an employee is deemed negligent while treating a patient, and if the patient is injured due to this negligence, it may be possible to sue the hospital for negligence.
- However, not all doctors and surgeons in hospitals are directly employed by the hospital. Some medical professionals have their own practices, or they work in a small group, and they have privileges within the hospital to treat patients. This could potentially impact a case of medical malpractice if the liable party is a doctor who is an independent contractor. Nurses, technicians, and all other support and administrative staff are more likely to be employed directly by the hospital.
- It could still be possible to sue a hospital that has allowed an incompetent doctor to continue working as a contractor. This would strongly depend on the nature of the injury and on the history of the doctor’s medical record. A hospital could potentially be negligent if it fails to terminate its contract with an incompetent doctor or surgeon.
- Remember that there may be a statute of limitations. You must file all necessary paperwork before this time limit runs out. This is why it may be crucial to speak with a hospital malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City UT as soon as possible if you believe you have a legitimate malpractice case.
- Check if there are any special procedural rules or documents that you must address before filing an official complaint. These special procedures might be set by the state or by the hospital, and it is usually important to follow any necessary procedures. This is often how states and hospitals ensure that the medical malpractice cases filed by patients are legitimate. It may also give the hospital a chance to reach a settlement with the injured patient before the matter goes to court.
Speak With a Hospital Malpractice Lawyer Salt Lake City UT Residents Depend On
If you’ve been injured while receiving medical treatment in a hospital, it may be possible to collect financial compensation for your injuries. These types of personal injury cases can be very complicated, but with an experienced Salt Lake City UT hospital malpractice lawyer, it may be possible to collect damages.
At Rasmussen & Miner, we believe that injury victims deserve fair compensation — even if their injuries happened in a hospital setting. For more information about our law firm, or to schedule a free case evaluation with a top hospital malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT trusts, contact us today at (801) 680-2519.