Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Salt Lake City Internet Crimes Defense Lawyer
Utah Cybercrimes Defense Attorneys
Our UT cybercrime attorney knows that Internet crimes run the gamut from possession of child pornography to online identity theft. In an age where more and more information is being transmitted online, prosecution of Internet crimes is a priority for state and federal law enforcement.
If you have been accused of a cybercrime, it is important to seek help from an attorney who understands the complex nature of online offenses. The Internet crimes defense lawyers at Rasmussen & Miner can explain your options and fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf. Call (801)363-8500 or contact our Salt Lake City law office to schedule a free initial consultation. Our phones are answered 24/7 and we make jail visits.
Our law firm defends individuals throughout the Salt Lake City area who have been charged with a range of Internet crimes:
- Internet fraud
- Identity theft
- Email fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Distribution of computer viruses
- Cybercrimes against property
- Cybercrimes against the government
- Possession of child pornography
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Other Internet sex crimes
When you hire us to defend you against an Internet crime, two defense attorneys will review your case, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy that seeks the best possible result. The final outcome of your case may be dependent on the detailed analysis of electronic information used to bring charges against you.
Call Our UT Cybercrime Lawyer Today!
When you have been accused of a cybercrime, our cybercrime attorney Utah residents rely on wants you to know that the police and other authorities may pursue you aggressively. To combat this, you need the help of trusted and aggressive attorneys on your side so that you are not unfairly accused. If you are convicted of a cybercrime, you may spend a lengthy amount of time in prison and have a very hard time getting a decent job when you get out. It is important to get the help of a Utah cybercrime attorney as soon as you know you are being charged with a cybercrime because we can start gathering evidence for your defense. If you would like to speak with one of our attorneys, please call our office as soon as possible.
More Details on Types of Cybercrime
There are many different types of cybercrime and our cybercrime attorney in Utah believes it is important to understand what you are being accused of.
- Hacking. Hacking is one of the most common types of cybercrime and this means that you allegedly accessed someone else’s information without their consent or knowledge (whether it is a person or an entity) and somehow copied their information, deleted it, or altered it in some way.
- Identity Theft. Identity theft is a rapidly growing cybercrime and it means that a person stole another person’s information without their consent and used that information for their own gain. This could be done by accessing emails, taking credit card information, or taking a person’s social security number.
- Stalking. Stalking does not only happen in person. You may be accused of cyberstalking if the authorities believe that you are threatening another person online or harassing them in some way.
- Sex Crimes. Internet-related sex crimes also occur and if you are convicted of an internet sex crime you may have to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.
What kinds of things can I get in trouble for?
Our Utah cybercrime attorney knows there are many things that you could get into trouble for, even unintentionally. For example, possessing child pornography is a crime. However, you must have the intent to download and possess it. One of the defenses for a crime like this would be that there was a lack of intent. Our cybercrime attorney in Utah can work with you to build a defense for your case.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation
To speak to a Utah cybercrime attorney about your legal options, contact our law office in Salt Lake City today to schedule a free consultation.