Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Rear-End Accident Lawyer Salt Lake City UT
It is no secret that in society today, everyone always seems to be in a hurry. That can be quite evident when looking at Utah roads during rush hour or other busy times of the day. Although time can be critical, far too often, drivers fail to follow traffic laws or take the proper safety steps in order to avoid being in a crash. A car accident can happen in mere seconds and one of the most common of these types of accidents are rear-end crashes. If you have been injured in one of these events, contact a rear-end accident lawyer Salt Lake City UT victims recommend for legal assistance.
Although rear-end crashes may be less dangerous than other types of vehicle accidents, they can be just as catastrophic. Sadly, they are also the most avoidable and are often caused by reckless or negligent driving behaviors. Some of the most common include the following:
- Tailgating: When one driver is following too closely behind the vehicle in front of them, they are significantly increasing the risk of an accident since their reaction time for a sudden stop or other issue is severely reduced.
- Distracted driving: When there is any kind of activity or event that takes a driver’s attention away from the road, these distractions can prevent a driver from avoiding a rear-end crash. Cell phone use, eating, drinking, fiddling with the radio, setting GPS, or even talking to a passenger are all activities that can result in a crash.
- Bad weather conditions: When snow, ice, or rain is falling on the roads, the ability of a driver to stop their vehicle suddenly or slow down can be greatly hampered. This can result in a rear-end crash that leaves victims injured. An auto accident lawyer Salt Lake City UT clients trust can help obtain financial compensation in these cases, too.
- Speeding: This is one of the most common causes of rear-end crashes. A driver who is operating at speeds higher than the posted speed limit is often unable to stop or slow down quickly enough when approaching a vehicle in front of them that is obeying the speed limit.
- Vehicle defects: In many rear-end crashes, the cause of the crash is a defective or dangerous vehicle part. For example, there can be a defect in the braking system that causes the brakes to fail, resulting in a rear-end accident.
Have You Been Injured in a Crash?
If you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, you may be entitled to damages for losses your injuries have caused. Contact Rasmussen & Miner to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation with a rear-end accident lawyer in Salt Lake City UT. We will evaluate your case and determine the amount of financial compensation you may be legally entitled to.