Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Do I Have a Dental Malpractice Case?
Recently, you may have realized you might need the help of a medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT locals recommend. The sad fact is, when it comes to dental procedures, dentists must uphold a standard of care for their patients and sometimes they do not meet their responsibility. A patient must be able to trust that their provider is giving them the best care possible. In some situations, harm can come to a patient as the result of a procedure going wrong due to a doctor’s negligence. Robert Miner of Rasmussen & Miner is a medical malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City UT who has helped many victims recover their damages from a doctor who harmed them.
When a patient develops a medical problem as the result of their dentist’s failure to uphold their duty of care, they have fallen victim to dental malpractice. When a medical professional such as a dentist is negligent, they have likely committed some type of medical malpractice. Dental malpractice leading to a serious injury may occur in the following ways:
- Not appropriately overseeing or supervising their staff.
- Complications from improperly using anesthesia.
- Taking on a procedure that is beyond their scope of knowledge, or that would otherwise be
- referred to a specialist.
- Performing a procedure on a patient without the patient’s consent.
- Extracting teeth unnecessarily.
- Misdiagnosing a dental problem that most doctors would identify correctly.
- Not recognizing or appropriately treating dental complications that may arise.
For example, if a dentist were to extract the wrong tooth because they looked at the wrong patient’s chart, the doctor could be held responsible. This is a representation of the dental offices’ and/or the doctor’s failure to double check that they had the correct file, not doing their due diligence. As a result, they could be held liable for the mistake that was made. A medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT patients turn to from Rasmussen & Miner may be able to file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf for monetary compensation.
How to Prove Negligence
Proving that a doctor has been negligent is not necessarily easy. There are a number of things that your Salt Lake City medical malpractice lawyer will need to establish when it comes to a dental malpractice lawsuit or even an injury claim:
- There was an established doctor-patient relationship between yourself and the dentist.
- The dentist did not uphold their duty of care and by doing so, acted negligently toward you, the patient.
- You were injured or suffered further health complications as the result of the dentist’s negligence.
How Are Malpractice Suits Settled?
In most cases, the dentist’s insurance company will offer a settlement to the victim to prevent a trial from happening. That can help prevent any negative press which will be in the dentist’s best interest. Settling out of court is also attractive to the patient because the settlement process will likely conclude much faster than if the case were taken to trial. Trials can be lengthy and expensive which can be much less financially attractive to all parties involved. Talk to a medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT families choose in similar circumstances to find out more about your legal options.
It’s important to immediately contact a medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT victims trust if you believe you have suffered due to a dentist’s negligent behavior. An experienced attorney will be able to protect your rights and navigate the legal process with ease. Call us today at Rasmussen & Miner to speak with a respected medical malpractice lawyer Salt Lake City UT offers.