Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Truck Accident Lawyer Salt Lake City UT
When choosing a truck accident lawyer in Salt Lake City UT, residents trust Rasmussen & Miner because they understand truck accidents are scary. The aftermath can be frustrating and complex. Choosing the right truck accident lawyer to represent you and protect your rights can be the difference between securing the compensation you deserve and need to recover and having to pay for your losses yourself.
Rasmussen & Miner is dedicated to helping truck accident victims recover from their injuries. Truck accidents usually result in severe injuries. Unfortunately, insurance companies may only provide you with compensation to help with the damages to your vehicle. That is the least of your worries.
Rasmussen & Miner works with you to make sure your medical needs are accounted for during any settlement negotiations or trials. You did not cause your injuries and you should not be responsible for paying for them. Our goal is to help you recover the maximum amount you can for your injuries.
An inexperienced lawyer or a lawyer who isn’t familiar with the nuances of truck accidents may not be able to help you as we can. Each truck accident lawyer Rasmussen & Miner understands the need to properly investigate the accident scene, speak with witnesses, review evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies.
Why is this so important? Because truck accidents are far more complex than car accidents. Truck accidents involve multiple individuals, often at least two companies, and just as many insurance companies. This is a tangled web that requires skill and precision.
A truck accident lawyer from Rasmussen & Miner understands the importance of the investigation. Not only do we investigate the accident site, but we will also investigate the driver, the company they work for, and the insurance company. The insurance company will conduct its own investigation and its goal is to limit its liability. We do the opposite.
We take negotiations seriously. Most insurance companies will offer you a low ball amount. Do not take it. The initial offer from an insurance company rarely covers more compensation than the damage to your vehicle. While that may be substantial, the insurance company is banking on the fact that you haven’t considered your medical costs and lost wages. Rasmussen & Miner does.
If an insurance company continues to be unreasonable in its negotiations, we will take your case to trial. Rasmussen & Miner has a great deal of experience at trial and insurance companies know this and won’t want to battle us. But if we end up here, it’s because we know you deserve better and we’ll fight to get you every penny you deserve.
Don’t take your truck accident lightly and don’t accept a settlement offer from an insurance company without discussing it with us first. There are many factors at play and you deserve a lawyer who will guide you through all of them. Rasmussen & Miner has been helping clients just like you for many years and we’re prepared to help you get back on your feet.
Contact us today to learn how we can get you the compensation you deserve so you can make a full recovery. You deserve to get back to your life. If you were hurt in a truck accident, consider talking to a truck accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah as soon as possible. Whether you are dealing with a head injury or a broken leg, a truck accident lawyer may help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
The Differences Between a Truck and Car Accident
Although the common conception is that all accidents are similar, the reality is that commercial vehicle accidents are often much more serious than car accidents. What makes a truck accident generally so much more destructive than a car wreck? Why are truck accidents so legally complex? If I am involved in a truck accident, can I represent myself or should I seek the counsel of an experienced truck accident lawyer? All of these questions are both common and understandable. Grasping the answers can help to ensure that you are able to make informed decisions about your situation in the wake of a truck accident.
Statistically, commercial vehicle drivers are not responsible for as many accidents as passenger vehicle drivers are. However, due to the size of the vehicles involved in truck accidents, both the damages and injuries resulting from truck accidents are often quite significant. People who are injured in a truck accident can be seriously injured or killed as a result of such collisions. Commercial drivers are required to have insurance with higher liability limits partially for this reason.
The uniquely destructive nature of truck accidents is just one reason why accident victims may benefit from filing a legal claim with the assistance of an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Different Causes Implicate Different Liability
Car accidents are often the result of human error. It could be a distraction, texting while driving, or maybe looking back at the kids. Driving under the influence is another common reason drivers get into accidents in a car. Car accidents are often pretty straightforward.
Truck accidents are a little different. Human error can certainly play a role in a truck accident, but equipment failure may also have a place. When equipment fails, it can change liability. The trucking company that employs a driver involved in an accident may have acted negligently, placing some of the blame on the company. If another company owns the truck, that company may be liable. Determining negligence isn’t always as easy as who was driving or who owns the vehicle. There are many state and federal laws that govern commercial drivers and the loads that are carried.
If an accident occurs, these laws could make the trucking company liable for your injuries. Drivers need to be trained to carry certain loads. They are subject to time restrictions when they can drive and when they need to be resting. Once an experienced truck accident lawyer reviews the details of your case, you will be better able to understand who/what you may be able to hold accountable for the harm you have suffered.
Investigating a Truck Accident Is Difficult
Trucking accidents are generally much more complex to investigate and evaluate than car accidents are. There may be multiple layers of negligence. You may have to deal with more than one insurance company. Your state may have special rules and documents that have to be filed to protect your right to receive compensation. You may need to see specialists to demonstrate the extent of your injuries. A truck accident lawyer can help you manage your case effectively to find the best solution.
Why You Need an Attorney
If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, please consider consulting with an experienced truck accident lawyer before settling your case. Please connect with Rasmussen & Miner today, so that our legal team can help you sort through the complexities of your case and work to obtain a fair resolution.
Why Do You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Unfortunately today, truck accidents are getting more and more common. These types of accidents involving trucks can result in serious and life-threatening injuries or even death. A truck accident lawyer can assist you after you have been involved in a truck accident. You are going to need an experienced and skilled truck accident lawyer because it can be extremely challenging filing a claim and seeking justice when a commercial truck is involved.
However, when you have a truck accident lawyer they have helped other clients before who have suffered injuries caused by a commercial truck accident and are capable of getting you the compensation that you deserve for your losses. When a commercial truck is involved that will most likely mean that multiple liable parties are involved, so having help from a lawyer can help you manage every aspect of your claim. A lawyer will have the time and resources to take action on your behalf with your best interests in mind. Here are few reasons why you should have a truck accident lawyer on your side to help you get full justice:
- Being involved in a truck accident could mean that it becomes difficult to know who are all the parties involved are liable for the accident and your injuries. Sometimes those liable parties could include the driver, the trucking company, truck manufacturer, or even government entities. Having a lawyer could ensure that all liable parties involved are held accountable so that you can get the compensation promptly.
- A truck accident lawyer can provide the skills and expertise that are needed to handle multi-defendant cases. They will be able to handle complex negotiations which would most likely be confusing and challenging for anyone who is not an experienced lawyer.
- A lawyer will understand which appropriate legal strategy would be beneficial to you as their client. Without a lawyer, you probably would have a hard time determining the best legal strategy to prepare your case for trial. A lawyer will be able to analyze your case, retrieve evidence and expert witnesses, and come up with the best course of legal action to get the justice and the compensation you deserve for not just now but for the rest of your life.
- Having a truck accident lawyer on your side will guide you through your entire legal process. Legal processes can be complicated and overwhelming, however, with a truck accident lawyer, they will be able to deal directly with the trucking company and its insurance company to reduce your stress and any more trauma that could be caused if you had to communicate directly with them. A lawyer will be able to guide you in a better way when it comes to your case and its settlement.
Being a victim of a truck accident can be extremely traumatizing both mentally and physically and you don’t have to go through this alone. Working with a truck accident lawyer can ensure that your best interests and needs are recognized and met. A lawyer will fight for you and anything that you may be owed as a result of this traumatic experience.
Call today to schedule a consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT from Rasmussen and Miner.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can result in a number of different injuries. Some of them are minor while others are life-changing. Here are some of the common injuries that may be caused by truck accidents:
- Broken Bones: With the amount of force involved in a truck accident, broken bones are common. They may take a long time to heal and could prevent you from working your job.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Although spinal cord injuries are very serious, they are not always noticeable at first. It’s important to seek medical care after your truck accident to see if your spinal cord has been damaged.
- Abdominal Injuries: Abdominal trauma is one of the most severe truck accident injuries and can be fatal. Major organs, such as the bladder, kidneys, and liver could be damaged in abdominal injuries.
- Cuts and Lacerations: No matter where they are on your body, cuts, and lacerations from a truck accident may cause severe pain. They may also require extensive treatment and could leave scars.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are also possible in truck accidents. Even mild concussions could have severe side effects, such as memory loss and impaired vision.
Be sure to bring your medical records when you meet with a truck accident lawyer. A truck accident lawyer may use these records in court to prove the severity of your injuries.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents can occur for a number of different reasons. While some truck accidents are due to mechanical failures, others are the result of human errors or driver negligence. Here are some of the common causes of trucking accidents:
- Intoxication: If the truck driver who hit you was drunk, he or she may face DWI or DUI charges. If your truck accident lawyer can prove that the truck driver was indeed intoxicated, the driver may face jail time and be legally responsible for causing your injuries.
- Cell Phone Use: If a truck driver uses his or her cell phone while driving, he or she can get distracted and not pay enough attention to the road.
- Fatigue: Truck drivers may be allowed to drive a maximum number of hours per day. If the truck driver who hit you was fatigued from driving too many hours, a truck accident lawyer may have a good chance of winning your case for you.
Truck Driver Fatigue
If you were in an accident with a commercial truck, fatigue may have been a contributing factor in the collision. Unfortunately, the trucking industry is too focused on getting products to and from as fast as they can, and may pressure their truckers to work extended hours without proper breaks or rest. Even though there are regulations that are supposed to protect truckers from being taken advantage of, there are still ways that these rules can be violated without anyone knowing.
Truck driver fatigue is a serious issue that impacts innocent drivers around them. Truckers often end up operating this hefty vehicle while tired because of their own negligence or company mismanagement. To make this point further, consider this one study: almost one in every five professional drivers had admitted to being in an accident because of sleepiness. Signs that a trucker on the road may be sluggish behind the wheel include:
- Swerving slowly within and across lanes
- Verging off the road and suddenly being pulled back
- Glazed eyes, rubbing eyes, slow blinking as if nodding off
- Running stop signs or red lights
Laws do stipulate that commercial drivers have to take rest periods after driving for a certain period of time. However, these regulations don’t go far enough to actually put an end to truck driver fatigue. Truckers may work for as long as fourteen hours in a day, and that includes driving, loading/unloading, and performing truck maintenance.
Pressure from Employer
Commercial truck carriers that hire drivers may put pressure on them to work long hours and may go as far as punishing those who are late. In fact, some drivers may risk getting fined hundreds of dollars if they make a late delivery. Drivers are typically paid based on the mile and not the hour, so this may encourage them to operate the vehicle for extended periods of time.
Truck drivers have a logbook that keeps track of when they are on the road and when they are resting. But in some instances, a driver may falsify these times in order to make up hours that were lost due to traffic or other unanticipated delays. Your lawyer can request a copy of the driver’s logbook and assess whether they could have lied about their work and rest schedule.
Drug and Alcohol Use
Truckers may use and abuse substances when on the road, such as methamphetamines, cocaine, and other stimulants to stay awake. Some may rely on marijuana or alcohol to reduce the stress from pressure and working conditions.
Call Rasmussen and Miner Now
A seasoned truck accident lawyer residents rely on may investigate the truck driver who hit you and determine if he or she was negligent. Don’t wait to talk to a lawyer about personal injury. You deserve justice for everything you have been through. If you are still searching for a Utah truck accident lawyer from Salt Lake City, contact Rasmussen and Miner at (801) 363-8500.