Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer in Six Steps
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people are injured in accidents that happened because of carelessness, negligence, and malicious acts. The resulting injuries can be mild to moderate, severe, or life threatening. Unfortunately, thousands more will lose their life. Although the time cannot be reversed, compensation may help to cover the financial losses, as well as, certain non economic damages. If you would like to find out what your legal options may be, please call a personal injury lawyer trusted by Salt Lake City, UT residents from Rasmussen & Miner.
Following an accident that has caused significant harm to you or a loved one, it is prudent you talk with the personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City, UT trusts about your legal rights and options. As an injured victim, it may be daunting to choose a personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT has to offer when there are many choices. At Rasmussen & Miner we have decades of experience in offering superb legal advocacy to Salt Lake City residents in times of dire need. We pride ourselves on being outstanding listeners who investigate all of the finite details in a case. Rasmussen & Miner has helped accident victims recover their damages for decades. We are experienced in settling cases for maximum compensation as well as taking cases to trial. What Businesses Need to Know About Personal Injury Claims.
Why Contact Rasmussen & Miner:
- Decades of proven, results driven experience
- We’ve recovered millions in damages
- We have a reputation for being fierce and relentless
- Leading trial lawyers for personal injuries
- Extensive knowledge of the court system
Our firm has established solid relationships with some of the foremost expert witnesses and investigators in the area. Clients who choose us to represent their case can feel confident in knowing that a personal injury lawyer will be handling the matter, and not just a paralegal. Everything is carried out with precision and skill, and it is this strategy, combined with our excellence, that gets results.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Personal injury cases cover a broad range of accidents and illnesses. Typically, a Salt Lake City, UT personal injury lawyer can proceed with a case when negligence was the cause of the injury, illness, or death. Rasmussen & Miner has recovered damages for clients who have suffered harm in a broad range of accidents. If you’ve been injured in any of the following accidents, please contact the personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT calls first as quickly as possible:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medication errors
- Misdiagnoses and failure to diagnose
- Failure to promptly treat
- Recreation or sports injuries
- Surgery errors
- Nursing errors
- Negligent care by doctors, pharmacists, and other medical professionals
- Anesthesiology errors
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Toxic Torts
Injuries That May Be Compensated
- Broken bones
- Cognitive impairment
- Head trauma
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of limb
- Loss of any of the 5 senses
- Soft tissue damage
- And many others
Although it is impossible to give you an exact value of your claim’s worth, the more serious the injury is, the more likely you are to recover an ample amount that covers losses such as
- Medical care
- Future medical care
- Home modifications
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Transportation costs to and from appointments
- Child care
- At home nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
In cases that involve gross negligence or a malicious act, a Salt Lake City personal injury lawyer might pursue punitive damages which are meant to punish the liable party for their actions. If you lost a loved one to that wrongdoing of another person, you may recover losses similar to that above as well as others that are not listed.
When Someone Dies from Negligence
If someone loses their life due to the actions of another person, it may be considered a wrongful death. These cases are part of personal injury law and should only be handled by a personal injury lawyer in the Salt Lake City, Utah area who has vast experience. Compensation for a wrongful death may include medical care prior to the death, funeral and burial costs, pain and suffering, loss of income, and more. Statute of limitations for wrongful death cases can vary depending on different elements of the case. The sooner you consult a personal injury lawyer, the better.
We Are a Powerful Voice for Injured People
When a client retains our legal services, we commit ourselves to providing exceptional advocacy, attentiveness, and support from start to finish. As a Salt Lake City, UT personal injury lawyer, we truly care about each and every person we represent and are ready to take care of the legal matters while they focus on their recovery. Some benefits to consider, include:
- We offer superior legal advocacy and representation
- Our entire team of staff is compassionate and supportive
- We have a network of medical experts and other professionals
- All communication between insurance companies can be taken care of by us
- We only settle when we get maximum damages
- We are resilient, fearless, and have recovered millions in damages
Choosing the correct Salt Lake City personal injury can be difficult when there are so many available. We offer the following tips on choosing a personal injury lawyer:
- Select an attorney who practices personal injury law. The National Law Review reports that in 2011, the United States had 1,225,452 licensed attorneys. Many of those attorneys have never tried a personal injury case or negotiated a fair settlement for an injured client. To help narrow down your choices, ask attorneys these questions:
Do you have experience representing clients and winning cases similar to mine?
For how many years have you represented personal injury clients?
Can you provide references or testimonials from previous clients?
- Request a personal injury lawyer referral from family members, friends, colleagues, your personal injury physician, and others whose opinions you trust. Referrals can be an excellent way to find a qualified personal injury attorney. A good personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT accident victims turn to for assistance can often be found through word of mouth. One may also find referrals online by searching for local reviews of attorneys and legal firms.
- When choosing a personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT, confirm that they do not earn a fee unless you win your case or a settlement is reached. Though this contingency fee arrangement is common, make sure the attorney doesn’t have an alternative fee structure. Some attorneys require that clients pay up front or require fees, even if they do not help you recover your damages.
- Ask questions. Before you meet with an attorney, write down your questions and leave room to quote their answers. Later, you could review each attorney’s response to help you make your choice. Here are some example questions to ask a personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents respect:
Have you represented personal injury cases that were similar to mine?
Do you have the resources to handle my injury case?
Will you be the primary attorney handling my case or will you assign it to a junior associate? If someone else will be mostly handling it, what is their level of experience with cases like mine?
Do you work on a contingency fee basis, or will you charge me regardless? What is your fee or rate schedule?
How often will you communicate with me, and will it be by phone, email, letter, or in person?
- Meet with the lawyer for a free case review. After you have narrowed your choices down to three attorneys or fewer, schedule a consultation with each one. Most lawyers won’t charge for an initial consultation, but confirm this with their legal firm when making the appointment. During this meeting, present your list of questions and be prepared to take notes. If you have documentation regarding your injury, such as medical receipts and physician reports, bring them to your meetings.
- Choose a lawyer with whom you’re able to communicate and mutually respect. You need to be able to trust the attorney you hire to look out for your best interests. When hiring a personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents turn to for legal assistance, you should feel confident in their ability to do their job well.
Contact Us Today
If you would like free case review, call a personal injury lawyer that Salt Lake City, UT residents trust from Rasmussen & Miner today. You don’t deserve to be in pain and suffering, and you don’t deserve to be responsible for bills because another person caused you harm. Our personal injury lawyer in the Salt Lake City, UT area would like to help you get justice for everything you have went through following the incident. Rest assured we will fight for you, your rights, and your loved ones.
After following the above list of suggested steps, you will likely have a very good idea of who you want to choose for your Salt Lake City UT personal injury lawyer. Call Rasmussen & Miner today if you need a personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT is proud to have fighting on the behalf of its community.