Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: 801-680-2519
Medical Negligence Lawsuits
Because malpractice lawsuits are often challenging to win, it can be important to choose a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT victims turn to when seeking justice. At Rasmussen & Miner, our legal team has successfully represented medical negligence clients for the last two decades. Our lawyers understand the challenges of winning medical negligence lawsuits and what it takes to recover damages on behalf of victims and their families.
If you have suffered as a result of a physician’s negligent act, do not hesitate to contact our office immediately. A medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT is proud to have in the community may help you get the justice you deserve. At Rasmussen & Miner, we can arrange a confidential, no obligation initial consultation with one of our attorneys free of charge. The following general information about medical malpractice may be helpful to review prior to meeting with a medical negligence lawyer.
Proof of Negligence
Proving that a medical practitioner’s negligent behavior caused you to suffer an injury may be difficult. A medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT injury victims trust could help determine what your doctor did wrong and how he or she could have avoided it. Proof will likely have to come from one or more of the following:
- The doctor’s written or recorded notes about the medical procedure. Unfortunately, this is not always helpful because the doctor may be less than forthcoming about his or her mistake in treating you.
- Witness testimony from attending medical personnel. If the negligent act occurred in surgery, the surgical support staff and any fellow doctors who were present may have to testify about what they saw. Their knowledge about anything else that might have contributed to your harm could help your case as well.
- X-rays, MRI’s, or any other testing or diagnostic reports. These pre- and post-injury records may assist juries in understanding what otherwise might be a complicated procedure.
Medical Malpractice Experience
Not every attorney is qualified to litigate medical negligence cases. Due to the difficulty of winning medical malpractice lawsuits, even a good Salt Lake City UT medical negligence lawyer may not win every time. However, you probably want to choose a lawyer who has been successful at trying medical negligence cases similar to yours. The complexity of your case and the severity of your damages may influence the number of lawyers who are qualified to represent you.
A medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents respect may call on medical experts if needed. Oftentimes, medical negligence lawsuits require medical experts to testify on the plaintiff’s behalf to establish these important points:
- How did the mistake happen?
- Was the mistake avoidable?
- What are the longterm consequences of that mistake for the victim?
In answering these critical questions, the expert may explain the situation in terms that non-medical members of the jury can understand. Additionally, the expert should be believable. Not every medical negligence lawyer in Salt Lake City UT has the resources to locate and hire expert medical witnesses who are willing to testify against fellow doctors. The legal team at Rasmussen & Miner have litigated medical negligence cases for the last 20 years. During that time we have built our team of medical experts who have experience testifying in court.
Contact Us Today
Rasmussen & Miner is committed to helping medical negligence victims throughout the Salt Lake City, Utah area. If you have been injured or suffered damages due to the negligence of a medical practitioner, contact us immediately. When you need a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT clients trust, call Rasmussen & Miner.