Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Experienced Advocates in Trial Courts in Utah
Personal Injury • Wrongful Death • Medical Malpractice • Product Liability • Premises Liability
Many people facing a serious legal problem for the first time feel overwhelmed with uncertainty, worry, and even fear, but a personal injury lawyer can help. Judges, prosecutors, lawyers and insurance companies all seem to be speaking a different language.
You can rest assured that when you contact the law office of Rasmussen & Miner for help with a legal issue, you’ll talk with an attorney who speaks your language. We’re here to help you get justice from the justice system.
We represent people who have been injured due to another party’s negligence in a serious personal injury accident:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medication errors
- Misdiagnoses and failure to diagnose
- Failure to promptly treat
- Recreation or sports injuries
- Surgery errors
- Nursing errors
- Negligent care by doctors, pharmacists, and other medical professionals
- Anesthesiology errors
- Nursing Home Negligence — Cases leading to broken hips and broken arms in falls, failing health due to medication errors or lack of nursing care, bedsores, malnutrition and dehydration
- Toxic Torts — Involving air and water contamination, mold in homes or buildings, chemical exposure, and other hazardous materials in the workplace
Types of injuries
- Brian Injuries
- Burns , Electrocution, Explosion
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain or head injuries
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental damage
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered a personal injury because of someone else’s negligence, it may be in your best interest to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer:
- Negotiation Skills: Convincing an insurance company to give you the settlement you deserve is not easy. These companies are in the business of making money and may do what it takes to give you the lowest offer possible. An experienced personal injury attorney possesses negotiation skills and has a better chance of convincing the insurance company to provide a fair settlement for your injury.
- Meet Deadlines: Every state has different statute of limitations for filing personal injury lawsuits. If you miss that statute of limitations, you lose your opportunity to recover compensation for your injuries. That is one of the many reasons it may be important to hire a lawyer personal injury. He or she is aware of the statute of limitations in your state and may make sure you get your lawsuit filed in time.
- Reduce Stress: Dealing with an injury already brings a lot of stress into your life. You may likely have high medical bills and are not sure if or when you can return to work. Bringing a personal injury lawsuit can just add to the stress. If you hire a personal injury attorney, he or she may do all the legwork for you. This means you will have more time to take care of yourself and your family.
- Experience with Similar Claims: No matter what type of personal injury you suffered, a personal injury lawyer may likely have experience with similar claims. Therefore, he or she knows what evidence you need to prove your claim and how to present your case in the best light in court.
- No Fees: Another great aspect about working with a personal injury attorney is that you do not have to worry about paying upfront fees. The majority of personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they take a percentage of their clients’ winnings. This may actually motivate a personal injury attorney to work harder to win a personal injury case.
- Courtroom Experience: If a fair settlement for your personal injury can’t be reached with the insurance company, you have the option of taking your case to court. It may be wise to hire a personal injury lawyer who has courtroom experience and feels confident talking about personal injury cases in front of multiple individuals. Walking into a courtroom may be less nerve-wracking if you have a skilled lawyer on your side.
- Offer Objectivity: When you are dealing with something as stressful as a personal injury, it may be difficult to remain objective in your case. This may cause you to make rash decisions, such as taking a settlement offer too soon. A personal injury lawyer may step in and prevent you from making decisions that could hurt your case.
Find out more about our wrongful death and personal injury legal services.
Call (801) 363-8500 for a Personal Injury Lawyer serving Salt Lake City, Orem, and the Rest of Utah at Rasmussen & Miner.
If you have questions we would be happy to meet with you in a free initial consultation. Contact us today.