Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Do Accident Victims Need to Seek Legal Help?
Answers from a Personal Injury Lawyer Salt Lake City UT Victims Hire
As personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT from Rasmussen & Miner knows very well, it can be difficult to know what actions to take in the wake of an accident. Conflicting advice from well-meaning loved ones can further muddy a situation that already feels disorienting. Some people may tell you that “accidents happen” and your best course of action is to heal from your injuries and put it behind you. Others may encourage you to seek justice and hold the person responsible for their negligent, reckless, or intentional behavior.
The good news is that you are not bound to act in any one way if you have been the victim of an accident. You alone have the right and the responsibility to decide whether it makes sense for you and your family. Many victims come to Rasmussen & Miner for guidance from our personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT. If you decide to seek compensation from the responsible party for your damages, after a free case review you may have a clearer picture of your legal options. For some victims that may lead to filing a personal injury claim. In most circumstances, this action is taken before filing a lawsuit as the latter is more costly and time consuming.
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else, we welcome you to call us at Rasmussen & Miner to schedule a complimentary consultation with our knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.
Speaking with a personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT may help you understand your legal options. It never hurts to seek out information about your legal options, especially because doing so does not obligate you to take any action.
- If you were injured at work, it may make sense to file a complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and request workers’ compensation benefits.
- If you were involved in a car accident, injured by a defective product, or harmed due to medical negligence, it may be beneficial to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
One of the primary reasons why personal injury accident victims choose to file a personal injury claim is that bills associated with an accident can accumulate quickly. Personal injury claims often result in awards for past, current, and future medical bills associated with the accident.
In addition, a claim may result in an award for past, current, and future income lost. It can be tempting to avoid thinking about money when dealing with immediate injury-related concerns, but your future self may end up thanking you for considering the ways in which a claim may aid you in meeting these financial challenges. Our personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT can review your case and determine how much compensation you may receive from a successful claim or lawsuit.
Please do not hesitate to call us today with any questions you may have about your legal options in the wake of an injury accident. Speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT from Rasmussen & Miner does not bind you to any specific course of action. Choosing to book a consultation will allow you to better understand your situation from a legal standpoint and to make the best possible decisions about it for you and your family.
Experienced Advocates in Trial Courts in Utah
Personal Injury • Wrongful Death • Medical Malpractice • Product Liability • Premises Liability
Many people facing a serious legal problem for the first time feel overwhelmed with uncertainty, worry, and even fear, but a personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City UT can help. Judges, prosecutors, lawyers, and insurance companies all seem to be speaking a different language.
You can rest assured that when you contact the law office of Rasmussen & Miner for help with a legal issue, you’ll talk with a personal injury lawyer who speaks your language. We’re here to help you get justice from the justice system.
We represent people who have been injured due to another party’s negligence in a serious personal injury accident:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medication errors
- Misdiagnoses and failure to diagnose
- Failure to promptly treat
- Recreation or sports injuries
- Surgery errors
- Nursing errors
- Negligent care by doctors, pharmacists, and other medical professionals
- Anesthesiology errors
- Nursing Home Negligence — Cases leading to broken hips and broken arms in falls, failing health due to medication errors or lack of nursing care, bedsores, malnutrition and dehydration
- Toxic Torts — Involving air and water contamination, mold in homes or buildings, chemical exposure, and other hazardous materials in the workplace
Types of injuries
- Brian Injuries
- Burns , Electrocution, Explosion
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain or head injuries
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental damage
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Salt Lake City UT
If you suffered a personal injury because of someone else’s negligence, it may be in your best interest to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer:
- Negotiation Skills: Convincing an insurance company to give you the settlement you deserve is not easy. These companies are in the business of making money and may do what it takes to give you the lowest offer possible. An experienced personal injury attorney possesses negotiation skills and has a better chance of convincing the insurance company to provide a fair settlement for your injury.
- Meet Deadlines: Every state has different statute of limitations for filing personal injury lawsuits. If you miss that statute of limitations, you lose your opportunity to recover compensation for your injuries. That is one of the many reasons it may be important to hire a lawyer personal injury. He or she is aware of the statute of limitations in your state and may make sure you get your lawsuit filed in time.
- Reduce Stress: Dealing with an injury already brings a lot of stress into your life. You may likely have high medical bills and are not sure if or when you can return to work. Bringing a personal injury lawsuit can just add to the stress. If you hire a personal injury attorney, he or she may do all the legwork for you. This means you will have more time to take care of yourself and your family.
- Experience with Similar Claims: No matter what type of personal injury you suffered, a personal injury lawyer may likely have experience with similar claims. Therefore, he or she knows what evidence you need to prove your claim and how to present your case in the best light in court.
- No Fees: Another great aspect about working with a personal injury attorney is that you do not have to worry about paying upfront fees. The majority of personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they take a percentage of their clients’ winnings. This may actually motivate a personal injury attorney to work harder to win a personal injury case.
- Courtroom Experience: If a fair settlement for your personal injury can’t be reached with the insurance company, you have the option of taking your case to court. It may be wise to hire a personal injury lawyer who has courtroom experience and feels confident talking about personal injury cases in front of multiple individuals. Walking into a courtroom may be less nerve-wracking if you have a skilled lawyer on your side.
- Offer Objectivity: When you are dealing with something as stressful as a personal injury, it may be difficult to remain objective in your case. This may cause you to make rash decisions, such as taking a settlement offer too soon. A personal injury lawyer may step in and prevent you from making decisions that could hurt your case.
Find out more about our wrongful death and personal injury legal services. If you have questions we would be happy to meet with you in a free initial consultation. Contact us today to schedule a meeting with our personal injury lawyer Salt Lake City UT has trusted for decades.