Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
If you were injured in an auto accident, you may want to talk to an auto accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT from Rasmussen & Miner. . You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can assist you in filing a claim against the negligent party.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Auto accidents occur every day on Utah roadways. While some of these accidents result from bad weather or poor road conditions, most of them are caused by driver error. Here are the most common causes of auto accidents.
- Speeding. Motorists may drive above the speed limit for various reasons, from being late to work or following the flow of traffic. Unfortunately, speeding is one of the most common causes of accidents. Drivers who are speeding have less time to react to hazards, increasing the risk of a collision.
- Unsafe lane changes. Sometimes it’s necessary for drivers to switch lanes to get to their destination. However, if they don’t do this with caution, they can cause an accident. For example, if a driver doesn’t have enough room to pass safely in front of another vehicle and still attempts to, they can cause a crash.
- Distracted driving. Drivers may face several distractions while behind the wheel, such as reading a text message or eating lunch. These actions can take your eyes and attention off the road, which can lead to an accident. To avoid accidents, drivers should solely focus on the road ahead.
- Drunk driving. As an auto accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can confirm, drunk driving is another common cause of car accidents. Motorists who have had too much to drink have poor judgment, lowered reaction times and poor focus.
- Fatigued driving. Motorists who are running on little sleep are also in danger of causing an accident. Fatigue can hinder a driver’s ability to focus and react to conditions on the road.
What to Do If You Were Injured in an Auto Accident
If you suffered an injury in an auto accident, your first concern should be your health. Seek emergency medical care as soon as possible. A doctor will properly diagnose your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment.
Then, it’s important to consult an auto accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT about your case. A lawyer can estimate the value of your claim and help you gather necessary evidence to prove your case. He or she can also handle all negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with an auto accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT.