Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Recover Your Damages With the Help of Our Dental Malpractice Lawyer in Salt Lake
Dental malpractice is more common in Salt Lake than many people realize, and in some cases, the patient is best served by hiring a lawyer to recover their damages. When a dentist does not meet the recognized standards of care when treating a patient, and their actions cause harm as a result, it is considered dental malpractice. It is also considered dental malpractice if the dentist treats a patient in a negligent manner, in an incompetent manner, or with malice. If any of this behavior describes your dentist and you were harmed, as a result, contact Rasmussen & Miner. Our dental malpractice lawyer represents those who live in the Salt Lake area.
Proving Dental Malpractice
When someone in Salt Lake is harmed by their dentist due to malpractice, a lawyer from our firm who represents them can file an injury claim against the dentist. Should the dentist’s insurance carrier deny the claim or refuse to offer a fair settlement, our dental malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake will be prepared to take them to court. The criteria that must be met to prove dental malpractice are these:
- The dentist had a duty to provide care that was at least equal to that which would have been provided by capable dentists under similar circumstances. Further, the dentist had this duty because you were their patient.
- The dentist breached their duty to you because they treated you (or did not treat you) in a manner that was below accepted standards of dental care. Your dental malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake from our firm might call upon other dentists to testify as to the sub-par treatment provided to you by your dentist.
- The dentist’s breach of their duty was directly related to the damages you suffered as a result. They must be measurable damages and detrimental in some manner to your physical and/or mental health.
- The dentist’s actions caused you harm and the damages are a result of their negligent behavior. Your dental malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake will determine the value of each of your damages and demand compensation that reflects their value. Damages may also include future additional dental treatment in order to reverse the effects of your original dentist’s negligent treatment. The wages you cannot earn until you are able to work can also be included as damages, if applicable. In some cases, dental malpractice damages also include pain and suffering.
Common Examples of Dental Malpractice
Dental malpractice can take many forms, as our medical malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake City UT knows all too well. Some of the most common examples of dental malpractice include:
- The failure to diagnose a periodontal disease.
- The failure to properly examine a patient in order to diagnose any of various oral health conditions.
- The failure to use dental instruments in the way they are intended.
- The failure to properly administer anesthesia.
- The failure to provide proper treatment.
- The failure to avoid damage to the nerves in the tongue, face, jaw, or lips.
- The failure to avoid undergoing unnecessary surgery on the patient.
To discuss your case with our dental malpractice lawyer in Salt Lake, call us today.