Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
If you sustained an injury in a motorcycle accident, you may want to consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT from Rasmussen & Miner. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you bring a claim against the negligent party.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer serious injuries in an accident. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries.
- Road rash. When motorcyclists slide across the pavement during an accident, they may suffer road rash. The injury can cause multiple layers of skin to peel away and expose muscle. Road rash is very painful and can lead to infection, nerve damage and permanent scars.
- Head injuries. Head injuries are one of the most severe injuries motorcyclists can suffer in accidents. Symptoms of these injuries may include confusion, dizziness, vision problems, headaches and vomiting. Motorcyclists who suffer head injuries may require long-term rehabilitation. They can reduce the severity of head injuries by always wearing a helmet.
- Biker’s arm. When motorcyclists get thrown off their bike in an accident, they may put their arms around their body to lessen the impact. Unfortunately, this can cause damage to the bones and nerves in the arms and hands.
- Spinal cord injuries. In an accident, motorcyclists are also at risk of suffering spinal cord injuries. These injuries may include disc herniation, muscle atrophy and disc bulges. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can attest, these injuries sometimes result in permanent paralysis.
- Organ damage. When motorcyclists hit the ground after an accident, their internal organs, such as the liver, kidneys and lungs, can suffer severe damage.
- Burns. If motorcyclists come into direct contact with their own bike during an accident, they may suffer burns from the engine. Burns can lead to infection and permanent scarring.
Getting Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injury
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver, you deserve fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. If you hire a reputable lawyer, you can increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can help you gather necessary evidence, identify witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT today.