Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
DUI Lawyer Salt Lake City UT
Being charged with driving under the influence (DUI) can be not only humiliating, but also stressful. Our DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT from Rasmussen & Miner can provide you with invaluable guidance as you move through the criminal justice system. Our decades of experience is reflected in our high success rate in helping clients who were charged with a DUI. An experienced and skilled DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT such as one from our firm is often able to get charges reduced or even dropped. Call us immediately to speak with our legal team to learn how we may be able to help you.
In all 50 states, driving above the legal limit of .08% blood alcohol content will result in a DUI charge. If you are pulled over, you will likely have to submit to a breathalyzer test in order to determine whether or not you are under the influence. If you are charged with a DUI, the results can have a devastating impact on your future, especially if this was not your first offense. This underscores the importance of hiring a knowledgeable DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT from Rasmussen & Miner. We can protect your rights from start to finish. Your Rasmussen & Miner DUI lawyer may even begin with contesting the accuracy of the breathalyzer test, which could lead to your charge being dropped.
Common Repercussions of a DUI
You will have your day in court when you have been charged with a DUI. Your DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT from Rasmussen & Miner can represent you during each of the legal proceedings. If you were to represent yourself, you will likely not fare as well. Some of the most common consequences of a DUI conviction include:
- License suspension: Your license could be suspended for a minimum of 180 days.
- Fines: If this is your first DUI, the fines you will pay will be less than if for a second or third conviction. You will be ordered by the courts to pay fines and may also be required to pay for other required services such as:
- Alcohol programs
- Classes through the DMV
- Car impound fees
- Ignition Interlock Device
- Higher insurance premiums: A DUI puts you at risk of paying higher insurance premiums
- Mandatory alcohol program: You may be required to attend a program for people convicted of a DUI. More than half the states in the country mandate this form of treatment in addition to educational programs.
Ignition Interlock Devices (IIGs)
In some situations, you may be required to install an IIG in your vehicle. An IIG acts as a breathalyzer instrument that keeps you from driving your vehicle while you are under the influence of alcohol. Depending on the severity of your conviction, a judge may mandate that you have an IIG installed in your vehicle at your own cost.
Get the Quality Legal Representation That You Need
Rasmussen & Miner will make every effort to protect your rights and help you reach the best outcome possible. Contact us today so that we can go over the details of your case. We can provide the guidance you need from a DUI lawyer Salt Lake City UT trusts.