Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Salt Lake City UT Help Me?
Being involved in a car accident can be an extremely emotional and distressing event. And in addition to that, you could have suffered minor or major injuries caused by the car accident. If you have endured any injuries whether they be mentally, physically, emotionally, or financially you could be owed compensation from the negligent party involved.
Working with a car accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah from a law firm like Rasmussen & Miner could be the assistance that you are searching for. Call Rasmussen & Miner today to set up an appointment.
Table Of Contents:
What Can I Expect From My Lawyer?
Depending on your accident and claim, but generally, a lawyer can help with:
- Communicating with the other driver’s insurer.
- Obtaining the necessary evidence concerning fault for the accident.
- Organizing your medical records and bills.
- Communicating with your health care providers to obtain missing records.
- Working with your doctors to make sure they provide the medical information you need so that you can prove damages in your claim.
- Organizing and present the evidence to prove liability and damages.
- Negotiating with lien holders on your claim (such as health, disability, or workers’ compensation insurers) to potentially reduce the amount of those liens.
- Negotiating a satisfactory settlement with the insurance adjuster or defense attorney.
Your lawyer will be able to help you obtain all the evidence that you will need to adequately prove liability in your car accident claim. After that accident you most likely took photographs of the accident at the scene, however, your lawyer will most likely go back to the scene themselves to see what it looks like.
A lawyer has the skills and experience and could identify other contributing factors at the scene that you may have missed. Your lawyer will also make sure to get all of the accident and police reports in the case and will often speak with the investigating police officers and any witnesses. A qualified lawyer will do everything they need to do to obtain all evidence of liability and every detail about your claim.
Evidence is important and can be essential to your case, especially if you have suffered significant injuries from your car accident. Obtaining all documentation that can be related to your injuries is crucial but it can become very difficult and time-consuming.
However, a car accident lawyer will help with being persistent and following up with all the necessary parties to obtain all of the documentation to help your claim. If you have been injured, the last thing that you have time for is making a bunch of phone calls to healthcare providers, doctors’ offices, etc to get your medical records.
Your medical record is important to understand your injuries like the possible causation for the injury and to what extent of your injury or disability. If you will need lifelong care then your lawyer will advocate for you and your right to lifelong compensation to ensure that you get the care that you deserve and that you’re owed.
How can a car accident lawyer in Salt Lake City UT help me?
A car accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT has helped many accident victims who have been seriously hurt. To increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation and getting the justice that you deserve, consulting with a lawyer as soon as you can is recommended. A car accident claim has many parts and the process can be complex, even in seemingly straightforward cases. Handling a claim on your own will require a lot of time and work. Having a lawyer there to work on the most difficult parts of your case for you can save you a lot of time, energy and stress. Here are just some of the ways a car accident lawyer can help you.
What can a car accident lawyer do for me?
A car accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah can help you with many different aspects of your case. While you can always choose to represent yourself, there is no guarantee that you will receive the highest settlement offer without a lawyer. When you hire a lawyer, you can gain peace of mind that your case will be taken care of. Every case is different and the degree that they can help you largely depends on your circumstances, but there are several basic things that a car accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can help you with, such as:
- Educating you about your legal rights. Talk to a lawyer so that you can better understand your legal rights as a car accident victim.
- Collecting evidence and relevant facts of the case. A lawyer has the skills to collect the necessary evidence and formation quickly and efficiently.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Lawyers can skillfully navigate negotiations with insurance companies who will try to avoid paying you your deserved compensation for your damages.
- Communicating with your hospital and healthcare provider. In order to obtain your medical records, a car accident lawyer will contact your healthcare provider and the hospital you were treated at.
- Helping you fill out paperwork and reviewing it for accuracy. Having a lawyer review your paperwork can help you avoid submitting a claim with errors.
- Calculating your list of damages. Sometimes it can be complicated to get an accurate calculation of damages you are entitled to. A lawyer will be able to come up with a complete list of damages that a settlement offer should cover.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to obtain the best settlement offer.
- Defend you in court if need be. If necessary, a lawyer can represent you in court should your case go to trial.
After an auto accident, you should not be left to deal with the aftermath yourself. The only thing you should focus on is your full recovery. You should not have to suffer the consequences for an accident that you did not cause. Call a top auto accident lawyer that the Salt Lake City, UT community trusts today, like one from Rasmussen & Miner, so that they can assess your case and give you the assistance you need.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Today
You shouldn’t have to deal with the injuries caused by a car accident, let a professional help you. Call Rasmussen & Miner today to set up an appointment.