Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Scooter Moped Accident Lawyer Salt Lake City UT
Electric scooters are becoming a popular mode of transportation in Utah and other states across the country. Users of these zippy vehicles like the fact that they are friendly to the environment, while also making it easier to get around quickly. However, one of the downsides of all this fun and convenience is that electric scooter accidents are on the rise. If you have been injured in an accident involving an electric scooter, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault party. A scooter/moped accident lawyer Salt Lake City, UT clients trust can help.
How to Stay Safe on an Electric Scooter
Just like other types of accidents, there are some accidents that victims are just unable to avoid. This is why anyone who is riding a scooter should take the following safety precautions to help minimize the risk of accidents and minimize the extent of your injuries if you are in a crash.
- Always wear protective gear when riding an electric scooter. This includes a helmet, knee and elbow pads to protect from bumps and scrapes if you fall, and a mouthguard to protect your teeth. Many riders also find that wearing gloves can help improve the grip they have on the scooter handles.
- A Salt Lake City, UT scooter/moped accident lawyer also knows that operators should inspect the scooter tires before riding. Many sure the tires are properly inflated and there are no holes, bubbles, worn tread, or other issues with the tires.
- Always stay aware of the environment you are traveling in. Watch for traffic, pedestrians, or any other obstacles which might be on the road. Some of these obstacles, such as puddles, potholes, and rocks, can cause the operator to lose control of the scooter or fall off. If the area you are in has a designated bike path, take advantage of it, and stay off the street.
- Operate the scooter at a slow and even pace. Traveling too fast can result in hitting a pedestrian or object or losing control of the scooter.
- If the weather is bad, do not use a scooter. Find another mode of transportation. Not only do you risk falling or crashing, you also risk electrocution.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If you have been injured in an electric scooter accident, you may be entitled to damages for the losses your injuries have caused you. Some of these damages include your medical bills – both past and future – for treatment of your injuries. If you are unable to work while you recover, you may also be entitled to compensation for loss of income. Other damages include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, scarring, permanent disability, and more.
To learn more, contact Rasmussen & Miner to speak with a scooter/moped accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT to find out what your legal options may be.
Driving a car can be expensive. First, there is the cost of the vehicle – a brand new vehicle can cost upwards of $25,000 – and the cost of vehicle insurance. There is also the cost of gas to factor in. The expense of commuting has led a lot of people to look for cheaper alternatives. One of the more popular modes of commuting that is emerging is scooters and mopeds. However, as a scooter moped accident lawyer in Salt Lake City, UT can attest, riders of these vehicles often suffer serious injuries when involved in a crash.
If you or a family member has been injured in a crash, call Rasmussen & Miner to meet with one of our Salt Lake City, UT scooter moped accident lawyer to find out what your legal options may be.
Mopeds and scooters are great ways to travel locally, but even only going short distances, riders are at a greater risk of being injured in the event of a crash than if they were in a vehicle. Mopeds and scooters are small vehicles and that makes them harder for other commuters to see them. They are also very quiet vehicles, adding to the difficulty in other drivers being aware of their presence.
Some of the more common causes of accidents that a bike accident lawyer Salt Lake City UT offers sees in the cases he or she handles includes:
- Vehicle drivers who are engaged in distracted behaviors
- Vehicle drivers who are speeding
- Vehicle drivers who are impaired
- Vehicle drivers who are tailgating
- Vehicle drivers who do not see the scooter or moped when they are turning
- Road hazards, including potholes, uneven road surfaces, and debris
If a rider is involved in a crash, the first step is to get medical attention immediately. Many victims require emergency medical services at the scene of the crash. Victims who believe they have only suffered minor injuries should still see a doctor since symptoms from crash injuries can sometimes be delayed, such as concussions and whiplashes.
Once you have been treated by a physician, you should contact a Salt Lake City, UT scooter moped accident lawyer as soon as possible. Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company before consulting with an attorney. You could jeopardize your case because of the way insurance adjusters try to manipulate victims into saying things that can later be used against them to deny their claim.
Your scooter moped accident lawyer in Salt Lake City UT will evaluate your case and determine what type of financial compensation the at-fault driver is liable for. Some of the more common damages victims are awarded include medical expenses, loss of income and benefits, pain and suffering, emotional anguish, scarring, disfigurement, and more.
To schedule a free consultation with a scooter moped accident lawyer Salt Lake City UT clients recommend from Rasmussen & Miner to find out how we can help.