Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: (801) 363-8500
Bicyclists: What to Do If You Are Hit
Top rated bicycle accident lawyers Salt Lake City UT residents contact knows that bicyclists and vehicles must respect each other and practice safe maneuvers while sharing the road in order to prevent an accident. However, it is not uncommon for a bicyclist to be hit due to the negligence or recklessness of a car driver.
If you are suffering injuries do to a car collision, we recommend seeking the representation of a bicycle accident attorney at Rasmussen & Miner. Our law office started helping the community for decades. We want to help you hold the offending person responsible for their fault in judgement.
Details to Remember at the Scene
- Call law enforcement regardless if you can feel injuries. It is key to increasing your chances of getting financial compensation if there is an official police report documenting the incident. It is likely your insurance company will also want a copy of this statement as proof.
- Obtain the driver’s information including name, phone number, driver’s license number, insurance company, and license plate number.
- Look around for witnesses and if any are present, ask to take down their information. Their perspective of what happened may prove useful on your behalf.
- Never admit fault and take photographs of the scene to visually document the car, your bicycle, and any obvious injuries.
- Call for an ambulance if you do not feel quite right. Even if you take a once over of your body and see no injuries, you may have sustained internal damages.
- See your doctor as soon as possible, as all your injuries may not be noticeable right after the collision. Since your body may be in a state of shock, pain may not arise until you have calmed down.
Top rated bicycle accident lawyers Salt Lake City UT families rely on can explain there are a couple types of accidents between a bike and car that occur the most frequently. They are briefly listed below:
- Right Hook: A car passes by a bicyclist who is riding in a bike lane or on the right shoulder while both traveling in the same direction, when the car takes a sharp right turn into the bicyclist’s path causing a collision.
- Left-Hand Turn: A car turns into the bicyclist’s path while going in opposite directions, often times the driver does not see the person on the bike until a collision occurs.
All the top rated bicycle accident lawyers Salt Lake City UT clients trust at Rasmussen & Miner may be able to work relentlessly on your behalf in order to increase your chances of receiving fair compensation.
Each Salt Lake bike accident lawyer from our firm believes in trying to seek justice for those who have been injured due to an irresponsible party. We can offer legal advice during your case to help you take the important next steps.
Let Top Rated Bicycle Accident Lawyers Salt Lake City UT Victims Rely On Help
We can schedule you an appointment with one of our top rated bicycle accident lawyers in Salt Lake City UT so we can go over the details of what happened in further detail. We hope to speak with you soon and look forward to helping you get to a better place of health.
Call us today at (801) 363-8500 to get your first free consultation with one of our top rated bicycle accident lawyers Salt Lake City UT provides at Rasmussen & Miner.