Call this direct line and speak with Rob immediately: 801-680-2519
Do you need a Salt Lake City Medical Negligence Attorney?
When a mistake happens during a medical procedure and leads to pain and suffering, you may want to consult a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT has to offer. Enormous amounts of trust are placed in the hands of medical professionals who are meant to ease our pain and heal our ailments. Sometimes this trust becomes damaged after what should have been a routine procedure or treatment goes wrong.
If you’ve suffered from the negligence or wrongdoing of medical malpractice, Rasmussen & Miner is here for you. As a respected Salt Lake City UT medical negligence lawyer, we may be able to make a positive difference in your life. Through a free and confidential consultation, we may assess your claim and guide you through the legal process in a supportive, educated manner.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice goes beyond a small mistake made by a healthcare facility or medical professional. When you consult with a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT offers, he or she will review different elements to determine whether or not you’ve been affected by medical malpractice. To bring forth a medical malpractice or negligence claim against an alleged party, your lawyer must show or establish:
- the existence of a doctor/facility-patient relationship
- the provision of treatment or care that fell below accepted standards
- the connection between the care provider’s alleged negligence, the patient, and the patient’s damages
Understanding Medical Negligence Lawyer in Salt Lake City UT
Understanding whether or not you have a legitimate medical malpractice claim means knowing when a medical error becomes negligence or malpractice. There is a fine line between each one, which is why it’s prudent to turn to a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT trusts. Although every case is completely unique and warrants its own investigation, the following are the most common examples of medical negligence:
- Failure to diagnose a medical condition
- Failure to treat a medical condition
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist
- Failure to properly monitor a patient
- Failure to perform a medical procedure with reasonable skill and care
- Failure to advise the patient of any associated risks
- Failing to provide adequate post-operative medical care
In addition to the above generalized examples of medical malpractice, negligence could happen in a broad range of specific care settings and may include:
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesiology mistakes
- Medication errors
- Prenatal care or delivery mistakes leading to birth injuries or death
Should any of the aforementioned have led to unnecessary pain and suffering, you may want to further consult with a medical negligence lawyer Salt Lake City UT residents can count on.